|Install CWM on HTC|
To install CWM Recovery, you first have to Unlock your device's bootloader and then Root your phone. After going through these two processes you will be able to install ClockWorkMod recovery on your HTC mobile phone. Although, now doing these two things may seem very difficult, but actually these are very simple to do and at the end you'll have a freedom in your device, freedom to do anything or install any custom ROM on your device. Please note that Unlocking bootloader and Rooting your phone will void your warranty, so do it at your own risk. Here, i am using HTC Desire C, so the actual process or steps may vary phone to phone.
How to Install ClockWorkMod Recovery on Your HTC Smartphone:
- First of all, as mentioned above you have to unlock the Boot loader of your device. To do this, follow this guide:
How to Unlock Bootloader of HTC Mobile Phone.
- Now, next item comes Rooting process. For this, follow this guide:
How to Root Your HTC Android Phone.
- Go to this link to download the ClockWorkMod Touch For HTC Desire C:
For other phones search on Google: ClockWorkMod For 'Your Device Name' and download the file given there.
- Extract the downloaded archive to C:\Android folder.
- Now Boot your phone to bootloader. For this:
Remove the battery.
Put the battery and press Vol Down+ Power button.
Select Fastboot, now it will say 'USB Fastboot'
- Open Command prompt by going to start menu and typing cmd.
- In command prompt window, type the following :
- Now type the following and hit Enter:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- That's all. Restart your phone and you've successfully installed CWM Recovery on your HTC Android phone.