|High Speed Internet|
Recommended For You: How to Browse Websites More Faster
Before proceeding further, please take a look at what is actually going to change or where is the trick comes to play. In this speed increasing trick, we will use an external DNS finding service other than BSNL or ISP's official DNS Look up servers. You may have seen so many times that your browser start to show some warning messages like DNS server failed or Failed to Look up DNS Server. It happens most of the time when computer gets disconnected from internet. But in BSNL, due to large number of users, the number of requests are also large. So the server of BSNL or ISP becomes unavailable or slower and find fulfill users' requests.
You May Also Like: Manual Internet Settings For All Airtel, BSNL
Here, we will use DNS server of Google DNS or Open DNS instead of default BSNL's DNS server which will help us to find and load pages quickly and thus increases speed. Following are the steps required to change DNS server address in Windows.
How To Increase BSNL Broadband Speed
In the procedure given below, we assumes that user is using BSNL Broadband with a Modem which is connected to the Computer via LAN cable. If your Modem connectivity is different then you have to choose respective modem name instead of LAN connection when making changes.
- Go to Control Panel. Then Network and Internet.
- Now click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings. A new window will open having a list of available connections.
- Choose LAN or Ethernet.
- Right Click and select Properties.
- Now a pop up window will have some items in the list saying : The Connection uses the following items.
- Now double click on Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Now tick on 'Use the following DNS Server Addresses'
- And Enter server address as following:
Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Now click on OK. Then Again OK.
- And restart your computer and Modem.
- Now you can browse or surf internet at higher and faster internet speed.