|Windows Automatic Shutdown|
Also Read: How to Recover Files in Windows
Following is the simple and easy to follow tutorial given for Windows users to automatically shut down their Personal Computer or Laptop. The basic steps for each Windows (Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8) are same, though there may be some small variations at some steps according to your Windows version. In this tutorial, we are going to use an official tool provided by Microsoft in all Windows. This is known as 'Task Scheduler'. It is very simple to use and also very useful. So, you don't have to download any third party software or programs to automatically shut down your computer. Following are the simple and easy to follow tutorial.
Recommended Read: How to Make Your Computer Respond to Your Voice Commands
How to Schedule Auto Shutdown in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- In Windows Vista and 7, click on start button, type 'Task Scheduler' and hit enter. Or you can run Task Scheduler from the control panel. In Windows 8, open control panel, Click on System and Security and then Administrative tools.
- Now find and Run the program in the list - Task Scheduler.
- A new Window will open. Click on create a basic task.
- Complete the first step by entering any desired name and description for the task. Here we are going to use 'Auto Shutdown' as name and 'Shut Down My PC at 12:00 AM' as description.
- Now click on next and you will be asked for 'When do you want to start the task?' This is trigger section. Select your appropriate option and click next. For example, we have selected 'Weekly' option from the list.
- Now configure your selected option. In our example, we have chosen the shut down time (12:00 AM) and the days at which computer will automatically shut down.
- Now you will be at Action window. Choose Start a Program from the list and click on next.
- In the text field of Program/Script, type the following: C:\Windows\System32\Shutdown.exe and click on next.
- Now check your task details and click on Finish.
- From now, your computer will shut Automatically according to your selected options.