Most of you may not know that we can disable this option in Windows. In can be done in any version of Windows such as Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. First tutorial is for older versions of windows such as Windows XP SP1,SP2 and SP3 But the second method is for newer versions of windows like Windows 7 and vista.. Steps for each version may same. You must try them and please comment here if you are having any trouble.
There are two ways to do this job. I am giving the procedure for both. Its your choice which method you want to use to do this or which one your operating system supports. The first method is very simple and for basic users. If this doesn't works for you then i suggest you to try the second one, which is for Advanced users.
So here is the method to Disable Auto play in Windows XP:
- Open My Computer.
- Right click on DVD-RW Drive F.
- Click on Properties.
- Click on Auto play-> Select no action.
- Click on Start-> Run.
- Type gpedit.msc in the run dialog box and hit enter.
- Now a Local Group Policy Editor window will open.
- Goto User Configuration.
- Double click on Administrative Templates.
- Double click on System.
- Click on Auto Play Policies.
- Double Click on Turn off auto play.
- A New window will be open...Click on Enable.
- Click on apply and OK.
Enjoy....Note: Don't forget to Subscribe via Email to get latest Tricks directly to your email. Kindly Comment & Share.Copy is Strictly Prohibited. If you like any Article then copy its link and Post it on your Site. Like us on Facebook Twitter