First i want to tell all of you that this trick only to fool your friends or to secure your data from others, who are basic users. If you want to prevent your data seriously from any unwanted access then you have to follow the tutorial that i'll soon write on this blog. Please wait for that.
This trick simply hides your drives, this don't deny access to them. An advanced user or hacker can access them by other methods. But it will work fine for all your friends.
So lets Start.
- Click on Start->Run.
- In Run dialog box type: gpedit.msc and press enter.
- Double Click on User Configuration.
- Double Click on Administrative Templates-> Windows Components
- Double click on Windows Explorer.
- Now press "H" Letter from your keyboard and you will see "Hide these specified drives in my computer".
- Double Click on it. You will see a new Window.
- In right top side check on Enabled and select drives to hide. You can hide all drives or select any one of them.
- Click on Apply and then click on OK.
- Close Local Group Policy Window.
Now Open Your My Computer and see the result.Source: Thanks to Infocheck for providing such good tricks.
Note: Don't forget to Subscribe via Email to get latest Tricks directly to your email. Kindly Comment & Share.Copy is Strictly Prohibited. If you like any Article then copy its link and Post it on your Site. Like us on Facebook Twitter